Tuesday, January 29, 2008

GARTH, baby, GARTH!!



(PS, there are not my pics, they are from internet...I was not that close :))

Oh man, who loves Garth Brooks??? Uh, me. I have always had an appreciation for him and country and Saturday night I had the chance to attend one of his 5 concerts benefiting the LA fire fighters. He is such an AMAZING performer, I swear I cried three times, once during The Dance, during Gods Greatest Gifts, and then at the end. He came back on stage for his encore song and told us how when he was just down there, a Staples Center worker introduced herself, saying it was so great to meet him, and what was it like to get up in front of 30,000 people? He said that his dad always told him if you want to experiance something you should just jump in with both feet. And with that, he pulled her up on stage and she was crying and patting her chest like she just couldn't beleive it. Of course, the crowd went crazy, it was so powerful. Then he let her stay on stage for the last song, then pulled her over and told the whole crowd to take out their cameras and take of a pic of him and her together on the count of three. He said three and the stadium just lit up with flash after flash, it was awesome! Then he told her that clearly she couldn't take one of the pics home unless someone gave her his camera, and when he siad that I started freaking out and was like "The hat!! The hat!!" and sure enough, he gives her his Stetson!!!! It was soooo cool!!! He is such a peoples performer, Friday night he gave someone his guitar. What a wonderful performer and what an experiance!!

Below is a post of that night of him singing Gods Greatest Gifts, which is such a sweet song. You can hear the whole audience singing along, it was very moving...

6 comments:

Brian said...

Hi Bekah! I saw that you visited my blog. Interestingly enought, I was hours away from going to the Garth concert. The tickets I as suppose to buy fell through at the last minute. I totally missed out! I have been in LA for 2.5 years. I live on Santa Monica and Bundy! Let's make our paths cross sometime soon!
Brian

Mrs. B said...

Very cool!! What a fun story.

Monique said...

Bekah! Lucky you...a Garth Brooks concert! He is great! SO, just so you know, I book tagged you. Check out my blog for details!

ashley said...

I am SO JEALOUS:) I'm glad you had fun!!

Hamblin Family said...

Hey nice new look!

Bekah said...

Thanks! I'll change it again soon, I just couldn't stand that dot thing anymore!!