Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fire right by my place...scary!!



There was a big apartment fire today three blocks from my place. This is on 6th and Detroit, I live one the corner of 4th, two block over is Detroit. This is what the news had to say:
"So far, no injuries are reported. KCAL9 on air news said it started when two workmen in a unit were doing something with solder. 120 firefighters fought the fire, knocking it down at 3:45 p.m."
120 firefighters! I can't begin to express how grateful I am for renters insurance! About 6 months ago a friend from work's apartment burned to the ground, she barely had to time to grab her cell phone and puppy before the house just calapsed. She didn't have renters insurance...and now most everyone I know at work has obtained it. It seems like there are quite a few of these happening lately, especially with these older buildings in my area, The Miracle Mile. They are around 100 years old, even this one was old, it just looks new on the outside. And thank goodness the fire station is at the end of my street so response time had to be almost nothing.

1 comment:

Hamblin Family said...

That is so scary! I can't believe they let you get close enough to take such good pictures. You know people always complain about having to buy insurance but I bet those people are pretty thankful right now. As is your friend, I am sure!