Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake a'shakin!

I experianced my first true Cali earthquake and it was acutally really fun! It wasn't that bad but it was fun to sway back and forth. Tere is a loft in my building that hangs half way over my office. I was just sitting here typing and suddenly we started to sway and shake back and forth. I realized it was an earthquake but was just going to ride it out cause it wasn't that bad when suddenly I heard a funny noise from the loft above and I booked it out of my office so fast! I was afraid it was going to fall down onto me! Luckily nothing happened. The phone lines were totally jammed after for about 1 hour. It was way trippy because just yesterday we were all talking about how my friend Jenna had never felt an earthquake and then Michael asked us if there was an earthquake right now, where would we go? Knock on wood, I think we jixed SoCal!

5 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

Hey nice to see you back!!! I was thinking you might be dead. I heard about the earthquake funny we haven't heard anything about it from Scotty's mom though. Anyway, I am jealous of your trip! Someday when our kids are older Europe is the plan! We want our kids to have the experience too so we have to wait til they are older. Maybe by then we have the money for it! I am glad you had fun, beautiful pictures and nice to see you online again!

Monique said...

Hi! Nice earthquake story! I would have booked it out there too!And great Italy pictures. I went there after our senior year...you probably remember that. I want to go back sooo bad though! Thanks for posting some new stuff. I love to see what you're up to :)

Greg and Michelle said...

Hey so I am making our blog private, so will you e-mail me your e-mail address to nelsonmg1021@gmail.com? I hope you are doing well!

Hamblin Family said...

What happened to you dear Bekah? I haven't heard anything of you in months! Let us know that you are still alive and okay!

severts6 said...

July of 2008, you have got to be kidding me?!?! Update this thing already!!! :) It's been a while, I miss you!