Friday, February 29, 2008

Do these pants make me look fat?

So yesterday was a "skinny day" for me, I had put on my favorite white cords and felt fabulous and thought I looked pretty cute if I say so myself. The sun was shinning and my confidance was soaring, ready for my big day ahead of me. As I was entering the building, the security guard stopped me and said "Can I ask you a question?" I said "Sure", thinking he was going to give me some security paperwork or ask if a certain employee was still allowed to enter the building, but instead he said "Have you picked up a couple'a pounds?"....WTFrick?!!! All I could muster was a small "Couple'a pounds?" response in a quite voice. He said "Not in a bad way!" and I couldn't even muster a proper reply and gave a courtesy chuckle and walked off. I slowly walked to my desk dazed and confused...had I put on weight? I was forced to do a quick inventory of my clothes, mentally calculating if jeans or tee-shirts had started feeling differant...I figured I should be offended but realized I didn't feel put out so I wasn't going to be, but seriously dude, come on! Who says that to someone??!!

5 comments:

Deborah #3 said...

Unless he had a lobotomy last week he knew that was a totally inappropriate remark. He either said it just to see your reaction or he was going threw your purse. Did you check to see if you were missing anything? Did you mace him?

Michelle said...

Not cool, not cool at all.

Mrs. B said...

Very weird. Maybe he thought you looked extra curvy and hot, but he didn't quite know how to say it. Again, weird. But we all know how skinny and beautiful you are!!

Bekah said...

I think he likes his "girls" a bit softer so it was totally a compliment for him, just not for me :) And no, I didn't mace him :)

ashley said...

Do we need to make it any clearer?? MEN: DON"T EVER COMMENT ON A GIRLS WEIGHT. But Bekah I agree with Bonnie you're a super hottie so no need to worry:)